SAVEMEDCOASTS project joins the 6th Civil Protection Forum “Civil Protection in a Changing Risk Landscape”
Venue: Brussels, Belgium | City: Bruxelles, Belgio
What is the European Civil Protection Forum?
The European Civil Protection Forum is the largest recurring public event on European civil protection cooperation. It is organised every two years by the European Commission's Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations department (ECHO).
The event brings together the European civil protection community to take stock of common achievements in the disaster risk management field, share best practices and ideas, and discuss ways of addressing new challenges together.
The Forum is also an important tool for strengthening cooperation with international partners and the European Neighbourhood.
When does it take place?
The 6th European Civil Protection Forum will take place in Brussels on 5 and 6 March 2018.
The deadline for registering to the European Civil Protection Forum 2018 is now extended to 15 February!
Please follow this link to register.
European Civil Protection Forum 2018
The central theme of the 2018 Forum is "Civil Protection in a Changing Risk Landscape" and will provide an opportunity to reflect on the current and future role of the EU Civil Protection Mechanism at a time when changes in the global risk landscape are already affecting the mandate of civil protection authorities, at local, regional, national and European level.
The 2018 Civil Protection Forum will aim to:
- Provide a platform for discussion with stakeholders on pressing policy questions which are likely to shape future development of the EU Civil Protection Mechanism.
- Serve as a sounding board for new ideas and developments in the sphere of civil protection and disaster risk management, including cooperation at EU level and with neighbouring countries beyond 2020
- Facilitate networking, mutual learning and cooperation within the European civil protection community
The Civil Protection Forum 2018 will build on 4 policy areas:
- Strengthening Preparedness
- Simplifying Response
- Scaling up Prevention
- Fostering Resilience in Europe's Neighbourhood
An exhibition on risk awareness and communication will also take place at the conference venue.
Further information on the exhibition will be available on this website shortly.
Who is involved?
The 6th European Civil Protection Forum will bring together representatives from governments, academia, civil protection authorities, first responders, international organisations, European Institutions and other stakeholders to share experiences and formulate recommendations for strengthening the implementation of the EU Civil Protection Mechanism.
For further information, do not hesitate to contact us at the following email address:
- From Monday, 05 March 2018 00:00 to Tuesday, 06 March 2018 00:00